Here's a Texas original recipe for you, Venison Fajitas, they are actually quite tasty. Even folks who don't like wild game have come up to me and mentioned how much they've enjoyed this dish.
- 2 Pounds Venison Steak (Approximately)
- 1/4 Cup Of Shiner Blonde Beer (Chef To Personally Consume The Remainder)
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Ginger
- 1/2 Cup Of Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Minced Sweet Onion
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
Combine and mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Then transfer the marinade as well as the Venison in a Large Zip Lock Bag and place in the frig, turning occasionally. I like to marinate my meat overnight, but if you don’t have that luxury, allow to marinade for at least 1 hour.
Place on grill and grill to taste. My advice always on Venison is do not overcook. Medium-rare is the ticket. Once cooked to perfection remove from grill and cut into thin strips for the tortillas.
return from Venison Fajitas to Fajita Recipes
Or check out our other Wild Game Recipes