Steak Modiga Recipe
Ever tried Steak Modiga?
Well sit tight and check out this recipe out. We think you will end up using it time and time again!
My good friend M. Dunlap made this Steak Modiga recipe the other night when we were at her home and we all felt like we needed to share this one with everyone. You won’t be disappointed! Try it!
- 4 Nice New York Strip Steaks (10 –12 Ounces)
- 1 Cup Of Fine Dry Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Of Minced Fresh Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Of Sweet Cream Butter
- 4 Ounces Of Sliced Mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 4 Teaspoons Of Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons of White Wine
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Ground White Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Salt
- 4 – 6 Ounces Of Provel Or Provolone Cheese At Room Temperature
Place bread crumbs in a large plate. Place steaks in plate and press very hard so that the crumbs cover the entire steak (encrust). Then place on grill at medium heat. Cook to desired doneness (medium rare preferred – 135 degrees – remove from heat). Prior to removing from fire, add cheese and cover each steak. Make sure lid is closed to allow cheese to melt. While steaks rest and you apply sauce, steaks will continue to cook another 5 degrees (140 degrees).
While steaks are grilling, place a saucepan over medium heat and add butter. Once the butter melts, add garlic; cook just until the sauce becomes fragrant, approximately 1- 1 ½ minutes. Add mushrooms; cook approximately 1 minute. Sprinkle in flour; cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
Then gradually stir in the chicken stock, wine and lemon juice; add salt and pepper. Bring to a low boil and cook until sauce becomes thick, approximately 2 – 3 minutes. Remove sauce from heat; set aside and keep warm.
Place the steaks on a serving plate and cover each with warm sauce and serve immediately.
return from Steak Modiga to Grilled Steak Recipes