Shrimp Martini Recipe
“Rockfish Mexican Shrimp Martini”Clyde and Mikie’s Favorite Drink, Appetizer, actually!
This Shrimp Martini Recipe is, of course..."Shaken, not stirred!"
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes, chopped 1/4 inch
- 1 cup yellow onions, chopped 1/4 inch
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped fine
- 1/2 tbsp. jalapeno pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 6 tbsp. avocado, chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
- 3/4 cup Heinz ketchup
- 2 tsp. lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tbsp. red Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp. green Tabasco sauce
- 3/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp. Cajun Chef hot sauce (or whatever hot sauce you have)
- 1/2 cup cold water
Directions: Combine all the above ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well and chill. Yields approximately one quart.
For each serving, use:
- 6 oz. of cocktail sauce (See recipe above.)
- 15-20 small/medium shrimp, peeled, boiled, and chilled
- 1 tsp. blackening spice, add to desired flavor
- 1 lime wedge
- 1/2 oz. of tequila (optional)
- Tortilla chips (red, blue, white corn) for dipping
- 2 sprigs cilantro, no stems
Place the sauce, shrimp, seasoning, and tequila in a bartender's metal tumbler. Squeeze the juice from the lime wedge into the tumbler and cover the top with a tightly fitting lid or glass. Shake like you're making a real martini. When thoroughly mixed, pour into a serving glass. Place the glass on a plate and arrange chips around the base of the glass. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
return from Shrimp Martini Recipe to Appetizers