Texas Beef Fajitas Recipe
This Texas Beef Fajitas Recipe is as good as it gets when cooking this cut of beef. Fajitas have an interesting origin, (check out our brief history on this dish) Regardless where it came from, Beef Fajitas are here to stay!
- 1 Pound Skirt Steak (Fajita Meat)
- 1 Lime (Juice)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Of Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Colgin Liquid Smoke (Natural Mesquite)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Cup Of Fresh Chopped Cilantro (And I Use The Stems Too)
- 1/2 Fresh Jalapeno (Or Serrano, which adds extra heat) Pepper, Seeded With Ribs Removed And Finely Chopped
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and place meat in marinade. I personally will allow meat to marinade in the frig overnight, turning meat occasionally. I you have to do your prep in a hurry, try to allow at least one hour of marinade time. This will still give you the flavor of the marinade.
When cooking fajitas, be aware of flare-ups from the fire. Also make sure to not overcook them. They taste much better with a little red in the middle.
return from Texas Beef Fajitas Recipe to steak fajita recipes